Thursday 26 November 2009

1st concept Passage comments


My first landscape will be based on this passage from the first chapter of the book. I selected this passage as it is extremely descriptive allowing me to easily visualise what Aronnax is seeing. He talks about undersea shrubbery covered with starlike flowers, white lines, how they are rooted in the rocks downwards, the membranous cylinders, small fish, the red sheathes, etc. The endless descriptions would allow me to provide an accurate rendition of this passage, however, I do intend to alter some of this passage visually, in order to hopefully increase the visual impact of my landscape, for example I may alter the position and size of the bushes to create a certain surrounding that adds to the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment