Friday 27 November 2009

The Haunting analysis



I really liked the way personalities are revealed and developed throughout this film. For me, this really drove the story, as you are constantly trying to look for the 'evil' character. At first you believe Eleanor is the target, and the victim throughout, with intimidating characters such as Theodora as possible culprits. As you get to know each character you realise that Theodora is innocent and that her intimidating personality, was just something she couldn't help, then as you get to know the characters, Eleanor's behaviour begins to change. This is a surprise, despite it happening over time, as you initially believe she is the only one that could never be blamed for any of the occurances, then as the film closes, we realise how she let the house take over her. When Phil asked "what did you notice about the camera", I was thinking hard and all I could think was "I don't know, it all seemed pretty clear to me", but what I never realised was that it was this that gave this film such a 'haunting' feeling as everything is constantly being shown to you in clarity, almost asking of you to 'solve' the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment