Friday 27 November 2009

Night Of The Hunter analysis




Before watching this, Phil told us that there was some relation with this to Hansel and Gretel. When the first 10 minutes of the movie passed I started to think "what was Phil on about", as the film started with the hanging of Pearl and John's father and the introduction of the character, Harry Powell. As the film progressed I began to understand what Phil was talking about, there is something 'Hansel and Gretel' about the two children as they venture through the various locations on the way to Rahel's house. Only after seeing this film, did I understand the parodying of Harry Powell in the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob has the words 'LUV' and 'HAT' tattood on his 3-knuckled hands. Overall, I really enjoyed this film and although some of the lines seemed appropriate only to that period in time '1955', lines that appeared comical to myself, (e.g. you threw a hairbrush at Daddy), I still found an interest in the film and personally believe it was a movie ahead of it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment