Thursday 26 November 2009

My 2nd concept Passage



My second landscape will be based on this passage from the second chapter of the book. I selected this passage as I wanted to pick a variation of landscapes so it would allow me to explore the various techniques used in different situations, in this case I wanted to pick something that wasn't underwater. When reading this passage, although not as descriptive as the one used for my first landscape, I could immediately visualise the scene, the sun rising behind the Isle Of Mannaar with the dinghy approaching it at the bottom of the painting, with hints of sun rays hitting the dinghy. I think the image will include high amounts of detail on the island, however, the sea and sky will perhaps be empty to symbolise the silence and vacancy of the area they are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment